Tips To Remove Makeup Without Damaging Skin
Nobody should sleep with their makeup on, especially after a long day. It most certainly hurts your skin, clogs your pores and damages the health of your skin. The diﬀerent formulas and ingredients used in your makeup can cause these issues and many more. To maintain the health and vitality of your skin, it is essential to deep clean your skin oﬀ all the beauty products you have applied.
Dermatologists, cosmetologists and makeup artists recommend cleansing your face before sleeping and having a healthy skincare routine, including moisturizers, toners and serums. There are several ways to remove your makeup without aggressively damaging your skin:
Tips To Remove Your Makeup
When you remove makeup from your face, work on these points for a few minutes. It will help you wipe oﬀ your makeup and ease your way to a tremendous nighttime skincare routine.
- First, remove the makeup from your eyes using cotton pads & makeup remover, a moisturizer or a cleansing balm.
- Next, gradually work on your forehead, cheeks, and chin.
- Then, scrub your face gently and proceed to clean your neck and collarbone.
- Massage your face with a mild face scrub or exfoliator to get rid of the dead skin.
- Wash your face with a suitable face wash with lukewarm water, then apply toner or your night cream/serums to maintain your skin's suppleness and soreness.
Products You Must Use For Makeup Removal
Sometimes, women think it is better to only wash their faces with soap and water. We deﬁnitely do not recommend it. For example, if you use oil and water controlling foundations, eyeshadows, and lipsticks, water will only smudge it but not thoroughly remove it. Here is the list of makeup-removing products we love as makeup artists; you can choose depending on your skin's requirements.
- Branded makeup removal water - Highly recommended!
- Coconut oil or cleansing balm – they remove makeup easily
- Petroleum jelly and baby oil - Best for waterproof mascara and eyeliner
- Lip-balm – for removing matte and waterproof lipstick
We recommend adding the above list to your skincare routine if you regularly use oil-controlling or waterproof makeup.
During the day, it is essential to apply moisturizing and SPF on your face to protect it from harsh sun rays and pollutants. Deep cleaning will make sure your pores don't clog up. No matter what cleaning products you use, make sure you are consistent. Good Skincare Is Great Self-Care!